Since its inception in 1913, the Science faculty of the University of Colombo has occupied a pivotal position among the Science Faculties in Sri Lankan Universities. According to the latest published data, different employers in both the public and private sectors have shown keen interest in recruiting Colombo University science graduates. This is the result of providing its students with a peaceful learning environment, devoid of unrest and violence.
The Faculty of Science of the University of Colombo offers the following streams as academic qualifications.
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Industrial Statistics & Mathematical Finance
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
In addition Computer Science is offered as a main subject.
All the degree programs offered by the faculty of science are challenging, and expose the students to the real world challenges. But the highly competitive job market in Sri Lanka and worldwide seeks personnel with adequate academic qualifications as well as professional qualifications. Thus it is imperative that a graduate completes a good professional qualification along with his/her degree program.
Building a career is not a thing that can be done overnight or while traversing a bed of roses. For you to build a career there needs to be years of planning. Insight 2013 is a professional development program targeting the science faculty freshman. The program is organized by the student’s council of the science faculty. Through this program we intend to raise awareness among the freshman about the different career paths available to them and the professional qualifications that will be helpful for them in the future to achieve their goals.
Guest speech by Mr. Niroshan Perera(Manager talent engagement & development of Brandix intimate) will undoubtedly prove to be a treasure trove of information for the freshmen. Furthermore the guidance provided by Matrix institute and Wisdom Business Academy will help you to identify the correct path to take to build up the career.
- Making the first year students aware about the lucrative professional careers available in the current job market.
- To provide an opportunity to the professional development institutes to share their course knowledge with the undergraduates of the University of Colombo.
- To raise awareness regarding professional development courses offered in Sri Lanka and to learn about the various institutes and their requirements.
- To provide an opportunity for the students to interact with agents from the professional development field.
- To establish good relations and understanding among the professional development institutes and the university, in the long run.
Date: 18th August 2013
Time: 1 p.m. onwards
Venue: V.K. Samaranayake hall (UCSC), University of Colombo
Guest Speech: Mr. Niroshan Perera(Manager talent engagement & development of Brandix intimate)
Gold Sponsor: Matrix Institute of technology (pvt) ltd.
Silver Sponsor: Wisdom business academy (pvt) ltd.
For Further details please contact:
K.K.D.S. De Silva (Chief Organizer) – 0715342762
M.K.Premaratne (Organizing committee member) – 0770245107
Leave a Comment